It’s time to recharge your business! As a Digital Marketing Strategist, I blog about marketing related topics like social media, branding, networking, etc. However, I find it just as challenging to manage my time with working on my business and in my business as you do. In other words, doing it all!
So I figured, why not get back to the marketing basics, a business refresher of sorts? So many professionals focus exclusively on pushing sales that they neglect basic behind-the-scenes details of running a business. Here are few basic to-do’s you can work on today.
Handwritten Notes, Smartphones, and Marketing Basics
1. Make sure your business card/marketing collateral is up to date and keep stashes everywhere. If you’re tired of looking at that same biz card, buy some new ones! There are business card printing options at every single price point, so there’s no excuse for not liking and using your cards. Spice up your promo pieces and you’ll be more excited to hand them out.
2. Write handwritten notes to say “nice to meet you” and “how are you” to your acquaintances. There is nothing like getting a handwritten note in the mail, and you’ll be remembered because hardly anyone does this anymore. *Note to self – write a couple hello’s today!
3. Pretty much everyone has a smartphone these days. If you don’t have a headset/hands-free earpiece, what are you thinking? I find it fascinating that people still hold the phone to their ear and try to use that free hand to type, juggle a pen, coffee, brochures, etc. Are you kidding me? It’s too cumbersome, and a waste of agility. You will get more done hands-free.
4. Spice up your 30-second elevator pitch. If you don’t have one you are missing HUGE opportunities to network as you go about your daily routine. Work on your pitch – practice it, perfect it, live-eat-sleep-breathe it!
5. Ask your colleagues and clients for referrals. If you’re good at what you do, they’ll be more than happy to spread the word about your business. Don’t have anyone you can ask? It’s time to network and build your connections so you’ll have people to sing your praises.
6. Change your gear and wear your business proudly! Wear your power color, use your own branded pens, get a branded smartphone case, etc. Visibility is critical. You never know when or where you will meet your next client.
Need more ideas for wearing your brand?
Read “Wear Your Brand Everyday Without Looking Like A Walking Billboard“
The simplest ideas are the most often forgotten aren’t they? Take a moment to recharge with these marketing basics and you’ll save time, energy, and get some marketing done in the process.