I’m often asked for recommendations of different marketing tools and service providers, so I figured, why not create a running list here? Everything on this page is hyper-linked, so click what you want and you’ll be taken directly to the corresponding website.
Recommended Marketing Tools and Resources for Small Business
Now, of course there are tons of resources out there. This is MY List. This is the stuff I use or have used. Note: In the spirit of full disclosure, many of the links on this page are affiliate links, which means I may get a commission if you decide to purchase anything from this page. I only recommend products and systems that I use and love myself. I actually use the products I recommend!
Web Host and/or Domain Name
Video / Livestreaming Software and Equipment
- Streamyard (livestreaming and recording in general)
- TubeBuddy (excellent analytics for any Youtube video)
- Ringlight (small and mighty, clip to your desk AND holds your phone)
- Microphone (I see why gamers love it)
- Webcam (your built in webcam has nothing on this one, I see why it’s the gamers choice)
- Teamwork (great for solopreneurs OR teams)
- Milanote (organize all your creative projects using this tool)
Business Management & Client Workflow
I have one SINGLE recommendation for business management and client workflows, and it’s the wonderful folks at Dubsado.
Why are they so special? According to their website, “From invoicing, signing contracts, and scheduling appointments, Dubsado is a software built to save you time, impress clients, and grow your business.”
They are telling the WHOLE truth. Their customer service is impeccable. Too many features and integrations to mention.
Sign up for Dubsado and get your WHOLE business life together. Whole. Business. Life. You’re welcome.
- She Bold Stock: Gorgeous flat lays, lifestyle photos, branding kits. Monthly membership = priceless.
- Create Her Stock: When you want pics of black women, go here first! Monthly membership is worth it.
- Other stock photo faves include Unsplash and picjumbo.
- Flat Icons: For icons to dress up your visuals, website, infographics, etc.
3D eCover Graphics
Again here, I gave a SINGLE recommendation. I have used eCover Authority for several years now, and it is by far THE most affordable way to create 3D graphics.
You know how you usually have to go on Fiverr to get a 3D cover made, or you pay per pic on something like a placeit.com to turn your image into a 3D cover? Well, you will never need to do that again!
You can either upload a graphic, or create a graphic on the platform itself, then select which 3D cover you want. Create 3D images of:
- standing paperbacks
- ipad and iphone screens
- spiral books
- TVs, CDs, DVDs, and more…
The sales page does not do this product justice.
Graphic Design and Video Creation
- MemberVault is where I house my courses and freebies!
- Ejunkie (Digital or Physical Products)
- Shopify (Digital or Physical Products)
- Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) (this is different from using Gmail, and it’s my #1 pick!)
- Mailerlite (my #1 starter pick!)
- Active Campaign (when you’re ready to uplevel your CRM and email marketing game)
Meeting Contact Forms & Scheduling Tools
Outsource Tasks and Projects
Informational Post: Why You Have To Hire People To Make More Money
Business Cards and Branded Products
Informational Post: Wear Your Brand Everyday Without Looking Like a Walking Billboard
- Best Value Copy (they are the reason I didn’t have ink in my printer for YEARS!)
The business resources listed above are provided for your convenience. You are encouraged to shop around for service providers that suit your business needs.