As digital marketers and content creators, we are often hustling to release quality content in record time. But great content, one that pushes your brand ahead of your competitors and creates a buzz among customers, requires time to come together. A little content planning can help you. Below are my top three secrets to write better content rapidly.
Top 3 Secrets to Write Better Content, Faster
First, Develop Good Writing Habits.
- Always Keep a Stack of Good Ideas Up Your Sleeve. Sitting at your desk waiting for earth-shattering ideas to strike to begin writing ends up eating a lot of your productive time as well as hinders creativity. The next time you browse through various content pieces online, I suggest noting some worthy ideas for future reference. That way, you can be ready with content ideas for the next month.
- Blog in Batches. Blogging requires more than just writing great content. You need to plan engaging headlines, images, alt tags, and title tags too! If you divide and conquer these basic tasks in batches before you begin writing, it will deflate a lot of your worries significantly, since half of your grunt work would be complete.
- Keep it Conversational. This one isn’t just for the readers, but it will also help you write faster. Spacing your content, using contractions like you’re, and writing brief snippets, are all great ways to ensure that your audience appreciates your content, while you write it quicker.
- Outline First, Write Second. Outlining is an exceedingly time-effective process. Define the framework of your blog post before diving into the actual content and research. This can range from questions and phrases, to visuals and listicles.
Second, Use Tools to Make Your Content Better.
- Contenteum – Content writing tools like this one act as saviors significantly improving your life as a content writer. The wide range of features offered by Contenteum allows you to manage your content as individual projects, automate repetitive tasks, provides a single dashboard for your entire content production pipeline, and much more.
- BuzzSumo – Your aim to write faster could be incomplete without performing outreach and competitive research on relevant topics on Buzzsumo. You can even check which types of content receive the most shares and develop your content strategy accordingly.
- Google Autocomplete & Related Searches – Surprised to see these in the list of content writing tools? If you search for a keyword or long-tail keyword, then use autocomplete, the related searches will generate a list of additional ideas for you to use since these are what many people are looking for on the internet.
- Grammarly – Since we are talking about chasing efficiency with speed, we cannot overlook Grammarly’s AI-powered software enabling effective communication. It will help you detect and correct spelling mistakes, punctuation errors, grammar errors, and even your writing style.
Third, Utilize These Resources for Blogging Ideas.
- Interview Your Customers. Asking your customers what they expect from your content not only develops a healthy relationship, it also offers you a great resource for your content planning. For instance, our readers, i.e. you, were looking to learn how to write better and faster, which brought us to this article.
- Quora for Content Ideas. Use a question-answer platform that is accessible to everyone, Quora is a hidden resource you can dive into for great content ideas. Using geo-targeting for your brand’s location when writing and optimizing content will surely boost your ranking. Monitor Quora’s questions and use them to keep up with content writing trends.
- Consider Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Lastly, an FAQ section is a must for websites. Developing one and regularly updating it will offer your customers a generous amount of relevant information about your brand. Additionally, it will boost your organic reach, enhance your customer service, and even become a content resource for you since these are the questions your customers are actively seeking answers to.
Give these tips a shot, and you can indulge in better content creation at a faster pace.
This is a guest post from Sofia David, a digital content marketer at Contenteum where she heads and executes the content creation strategies. Contenteum is a holistic platform that helps SEO agencies and content teams in planning, researching, creating, optimizing, and publishing content to help with rankings. Sofia believes that good content is what offers true value to the reader and that is why she creates content with a reader-first mindset. When she’s not working on new content, she finds pleasure in gardening and loves to play Scrabble every chance she gets.