Which social media sites should you use? Now you know I’m not going to say all of them! But I am curious, which sites are you using? More importantly, are you using them all effectively, or do you have a mix of profiles that aren’t really working for your business?
Consider these factors as you join social media platforms:
- how often you can post
- what you will post
- how and where your prospects communicate on social media
- which social media platforms your competitors are using
- your business offering
I know there are tons of social media choices out there, and there seems to be no end in sight. However, take this key factor into account: the most effective ways to communicate with your audience. After all, isn’t that one of your main goals, to reach your prospects and clients?
- Do you have a visually based business (ex. photography, culinary)? Your business could take great advantage of Facebook and Pinterest because you can post photos of your work.
- Is your business technical in nature? Submitting your blog posts for syndication as opposed to trying to fill a photo bucket may be more helpful for your business.
- Are you building a public speaking platform? Creating your own YouTube channel may be a great avenue for you.
- Do you offer a back office B2B service? LinkedIn may become your best friend!
Once you take into account the nature of your business and the market you’re trying to reach, you can make an informed decision about the most beneficial social media channels for your business. Whatever you do, don’t sit idle. Jump in and join the conversation!