Did you know that you can do marketing like the pros without breaking the bank? By leveraging some effective low-cost digital marketing tactics, any business no matter how small can spread brand awareness, generate leads, and make more sales. You don’t need a big marketing budget to have a big impact.
21 Low Budget Marketing Tactics That You Use To Get Results Now
Here are 21 low-cost or free marketing ideas you can start using today:
1. Get into content marketing. Create unique, helpful content and share it far and wide across the internet. Notice, I said “create”. Create valuable content to share with your audience, that will demonstrate your expertise.
2. Find the online groups where your target market hangs out and interact with them there. These could be forums, Facebook groups, networking groups, etc. Where are your future clients and customers talking about the products and services that you offer. Meet them where they’re already congregating and engage in conversations.
3. Blog regularly. Attach a blog page to your site and keep it updated with fresh content. Blogging is one of the best ways to demonstrate your expertise. And of course, it’s great for SEO juice!
4. Share useful tips on social media. Try to get your audience liking and sharing. Ask thought provoking, relevant questions, and respond to answers and comments. Microblogging is a fun way to do this!
5. Create a social media group related to your brand.
6. Build an email list and send your subscribers exclusive content, industry news, and special deals. Give subscribers a reason to open your emails.
7. Produce short videos that tackle specific problems in your niche and post them on YouTube. These videos can be simple how-to’s, or 2 minute quick tips. Short videos that a viewer can take immediate action on are great, and they won’t take alot of resources to produce. Hello, smartphone!
8. Hold a livestream event where you teach something to your audience and interact with them in real-time. If you want to get really fancy, host a livestream series over several days and teach a new something each day!
9. Learn how to ask for referrals. You can even create a referral program with incentives. Get your audience members to tell their friends about you.
10. Write press releases. Take some event in your business or industry and tell the public about it.
11. Follow conversations online related to your business and your niche. You can learn a great deal about your market by seeing what conversations they’re having.
12. Send out a customer satisfaction survey. Get feedback from customers that you can use to make improvements to your products or services.
13. Create collaborative content with a business partner or colleague. This is a win-win where you each get exposure to the other’s audience, by sharing via blogs, social media and emails to your list.
14. Drill down your unique value proposition. Create a simple statement that explains how you uniquely meet your customers’ needs and use this wherever you have a profile online. Think of this as your online elevator pitch.
15. Write guest blog posts and submit them to other people’s blogs to get exposure to a new audience. Make sure those blog sites are serving your desired audience. This is a great way to leverage another brand and gain exposure to a new audience.
16. Pitch yourself and appear as a guest on podcasts that serve your desired audience. Get interviewed on topics that will help to demonstrate your expertise. This is another tip that helps you to leverage another brand’s audience.
17. Run a social media contest. Give your audience something fun to do and share with others. And be sure to offer fun prizes. Who doesn’t love prizes?!
18. Check out Quora and other Q&A sites to see what questions people are asking about your topic. Be the solution, and provide answers. This is a great, non-spammy way to showcase your expertise.
19. Offer educational opportunities like webinars and online group coaching sessions. Hold these regularly, with a natural tie in to promote your paid products and services.
20. Use influencer marketing to spread the word about your fabulous offers! Reach out to nano and micro-influencers in your niche and try to get them talking about you.
21. Create an online community where your target market can discuss issues, network, and get the support they need.
When marketing your business, especially online, be sure to add a call to action wherever you can. It can be as simple as asking people to subscribe for your updates, to asking for the sale on a product, to getting people to book a discovery call with you. The point is to actively market your business every day.
So, how do you get started?
Just take an idea from the list and give it a try. These tips might, at first glance, look basic. Yet, it’s the basics that too many businesses overlook in favor of shiny objects. It’s time to focus and implement tactics that actually work.
Take a look at what you’re doing well regularly.
How many of these tips are you regularly succeeding at using to gain more visibility, leads, and ultimately conversions, for your business?
What can you improve upon?
Can you add just one of these ideas to your current marketing mix?
Monitor your results and then see where you can improve. Add a new tactic when you’re ready, then the next tactic, and so on. Pretty soon, you’ll have a whole repertoire of effective techniques you can use that cost you little to nothing, yet produce solid results.