As an entrepreneur making your way to the big time, bright lights, fortune and fame, you will face the challenge of trying to do everything yourself.
Some entrepreneurs have this notion where they think they’re too small to hire help they so desperately need.
Others think they’re not making enough money to outsource work, even though they have clients and stay busy.
Still there are those entrepreneurs that lack a certain ability and would rather stumble along with a do-it-yourself approach to every nuance of their business instead of hiring a professional to unleash the burden.
This sounds crazy doesn’t it? Yet these very scenarios plague many entrepreneurs every day.
Do you face these challenges in running your business?
If so, I say…
It’s time to hire help and fire yourself!
No matter what your budget is, you can do this! Here’s how:
- Think about all those tasks you do in the course of a day and a week, tasks that, if you outsourced them, would free up time to focus on your core business, your strengths.
- Next, type all those tasks out. Don’t worry about organizing them, just make a brainstorm list.
- Then, look at your list and begin writing full job descriptions and a list of tasks for at least 3 positions you would fill if money were no object.
- Use these job descriptions and tasks as a guide for outsourcing short projects on sites like Fiverr, Upwork, etc. Learn and practice the art of delegation!
- Break up those projects into smaller chunks, post an ad, hire help and get your work done, one project at a time. You can also hire a consultant who takes clients on a project-basis (as opposed to a retainer-basis) to help you complete one specific project at a time.
If you outsource those tasks that aren’t income-producing activities, you’re freeing up your time to focus on generating income. As your business grows, you’ll have to fire yourself and hire people to complete tasks and projects and keep your business running smoothly. Put yourself in a position to grow and give yourself a pink slip today!