Branding is all about the communication of your image to the world, yes I said world! You’re familiar with the whole six-degrees-of-separation concept right? So, in effect, your presence is global, whether or not you realize it.
How Is Branding Communicated?
In a nutshell, your brand is communicated in every single action you take with regards to your business, whether it’s with a prospect, client, employee, partner, vendor, etc. Most business owners know a company’s brand is communicated by a business card, a website, and customer service.
But let’s dig a bit deeper shall we? Your company’s brand is also communicated by:
- the way you answer the phone
- your voice mail message on the phone
- how you greet a person (smile, handshake, hug, eye contact)
- verbiage used in all communication – emails, tweets, blog posts, newsletters, invoices
- how you pack a giveaway bag at an event
- the speed in which you respond to inquiries
- your store’s physical layout
- venues chosen for your special events
- memberships in organizations
- sponsorship of business-related events
I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. Be conscious of the brand you are communicating to the world as you go about managing your business, and always put your best brand face forward!