If you want your blog to be found by people outside of your friends and family, you have to understand and apply a few blog SEO tips to get found by people who don’t know you.
But blogging is all about content right? Well, kind of. The structure of your blog, as well as the content, should work together to make SEO magic.
In other words, your blog may have killer content, but if no one can find it in search, you won’t be able to use it as a marketing machine.
Make sure your blog stands out and works as an effective digital marketing tool for your business.
Top Ten Best Blog SEO Tips
- Your page title should be relevant, catchy, and include your target keywords. Fifty to 60 characters is an ideal length for blog titles.
- Use the meta description for each blog post and page on your site. The meta description tells human readers what the blog post is about and encourages them to click through and read your content.
- Check your url for spelling errors and keywords, and make sure the url is relevant to the page.
- Add keywords to your content, and resist the temptation to flood your content with those keywords. Keywords should flow organically in your content
- Header tags matter. Use one H1 tag per page and use it to describe what the page is about.
- Bold one of the keywords in your content so it stands out.
- Use at least one image for each blog post, and save the image with a file name that describes what the image is about.
- Use keywords in the Alternative Text field of the image.
- Use blog categories to order your blog archives. Archives ordered by date offer no value to your readers or search engines. Categories are easier to index for search purposes, and they’re easier for your human readers to search.
- Claim your Google authorship and link it to a Google Plus account. Why? Because it’s Google, and were talking about optimizing for search. Enough said.
Don’t get lost in the digital world. Boost your blog’s visibility and apply these blog SEO tips to start driving your traffic from search engines.
What’s your best tip for boosting your blog’s SEO?